Tinkering 101: An Introduction to Making & Programming
Have you ever wondered...
- How — and why — do people code?
- Do programmers actually enjoy staring at screens and typing strange text all day?
- Could anyone write a program, even if they haven’t finished school?
- How does computer programming make the world a better place?
- Why do famous politicians, scientists, musicians, actors, and basketball playersagree that it’s “important for kids, starting at 8 years old, to read and write code”?
Inspired by code.org and the Hour of Code, we designed this 2-hour seminar for students who have yet to try their hands at programming. If that’s you, join us to find out what programming is, how it can be done, and why it’s applicable to so many hobbies and jobs; also, try your hand at some simple and fun programming problems to get yourself started.
- 2 June 2014, Monday : 9 am to 11 am (for children below 13 years of age)
- 3 June 2014, Tuesday : 9 am to 11 am
- 4 June 2014, Wednesday : 2 pm to 4 pm (< 13 yrs)
- 5 June 2014, Thursday : 2 pm to 4 pm
For more courses, visit http://tinkercademy.com